Friday, May 4, 2012

A Day in My Life with Little Monsters (for the boys)

In morning I wake
Little monsters greet my face.
Morning smiles fill the room
Like sun fills the sky
They laugh and giggle
They both squeal with glee
As feet are tickled.
Oh! What happy monsters I see!

As breakfast is done,
I clean up the messy floor.
A monster is crying
His feelings are sore.
"Don't be mean or cruel.
Do not yell and fight.
Little monsters share.
Everything will turn out just right."

They both play and play
and they run and play some more.
Out of nowhere it seems
A new cry does soar.
Monster tears do stream.
"come and rock with me."
Soothing songs we sing.
Oh, how quiet monsters can be!

The afternoon sun
Shines up in the bright blue sky.
"Come on little Monsters,
Let's all go outside."
They tackle and run.
They shout loud to say,
As they bump and jump,
"Little monsters here love to play!"

Their warm baths are done.
And their soft PJs are on.
A sweet story. "Goodnight".
Now tucked in your beds.
Monsters give kisses
To moms and to dads
On cheeks, heads and hands.
I love my Monsters safe and glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone may comment. Critics are okay as long as you are constructive. Also, please note, I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be. Be courteous and kind to others.