Friday, May 4, 2012

My Little Sunshine Ray! (for Curtis)

My little ray of sunshine light
You came so early on a darkened night
Peering through the clouds and gloom.
We could not miss, nor resist you.
My little ray of sunshine.

You were so very small and warm.
An instant you took to brighten my life,
Gave me excitement each day.
I found joy with you in my arms.
Oh! My little ray of light.

Even now you cuddle and rest
With your sleepy head laid against my chest,
A smile creeps across my face.
You are so bright and full of life.
My little ray of sunshine.

I thank God for giving me you.
Everybody needs a small ray of light
Brighten, warm and mend their heart.
To flood them to overflowing.
Oh! My little ray of life.

And even though you came early.
I am thrilled to be blessed with you at all.
As you bounce around my home
It makes my day. You smile my way.
You're my little sunshine ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone may comment. Critics are okay as long as you are constructive. Also, please note, I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be. Be courteous and kind to others.