Saturday, March 31, 2018

God in the Darkness/Brilliance in the Night

Night is falling.
Darkness comes
We are desperate
For a glimpse of you.

Please, Father, shine down on us
In us and through us.

Bring brillance to the night.

We beg you to shine for us.

The darkness is heavy
As we wait
Expecting you to come
In and save the day.

Surely the sun will rise again!

But even if it won't
We will praise you with all our might,
Because you are the same God
As you are in the light.

Please, Father, shine down on us
In us and through us.

Bring brilliance to the night.

Oh-o God shine for us!

My sorrow is mounting
My heart is longing
Lord make your glory shown
Make your name be known

Even in the shadow of death
You will help us rest.

So I dance in this darkness
For you remind me
That your goodness is faithful
And your plans are good.

So we dance in this darkness
Even when we can't see,
Because you have
Placed your light in me.

I don't need to be afraid.
I don't need to hide.
You are my shelter
My light and my guide.

Blessed Redeemer,
You are faithful and sure.

Come, Father, and shine on us,
In us and through us!

We will bring brilliance to the night.

And darkness will hide it's face.

A new day will rise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone may comment. Critics are okay as long as you are constructive. Also, please note, I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be. Be courteous and kind to others.