Wednesday, September 19, 2012

what will you be?

This poem was written to bring some good news, but shattering news was brought the day it was set to be published on this blog. The last section was added as an update... as the poem was scheduled to publish automatically. This baby it heralds will never get to breathe. But still the poem was written in the voice of it older brothers. I love my boys so very much. And this is published today for each of my children.

Little baby Coston what will you be?
Whatever you are, whatever you'll be,
I'll imagine what imaginations bring...

Could you be a girl as sweet as can be?
A boy would be fun, you'd be just like me!
You could be a puppy, cuddly and cute.
A penguin, a bull frog, a carrot root?

Maybe mommy swallowed 
a small watermelon seed.
I know those can grow 
just like her tummy seems to be.

Maybe you're a gold fish
and will swim around a bowl.
Maybe you're a blue bird 
and will sing until its cold.

Maybe! Maybe! A dinosaur you'll be!
You'll have a great long neck and huge, giant feet
I really hope you don't have pointy teeth!
But a dinosaur brother would be neat!

I wonder and wonder what you will be.
Whatever you are (We'll just wait and see),
I will love you so much as much as could be!

We can dream and dream and never will see
God wanted you home before you could breathe
We loved you so much but you just couldn't be
Sweet baby Coston, oh, what would you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone may comment. Critics are okay as long as you are constructive. Also, please note, I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be. Be courteous and kind to others.